Terms & Conditions
1 Applicability of these terms
These terms apply to every offer and every agreement between us and a buyer, to which we have declared these terms applicable, insofar as neither party expressly deviates from these terms. Freshley Fish is a commercial enterprise specialized in import, export and distribution of Seafood’s products.
2.1 Delivery will be carried out by way of actual transfer of the items. When one of the Inco terms has been agreed upon as a term of delivery, the Inco terms in question will be applicable the moment the agreement is made.
2.2 The other party is obliged to accept the products at the moment these are delivered to him, or the moment these are made available to him in line with the agreement. In case the other party refuses delivery or is negligent in supplying information or instructions necessary for the delivery, the items will be stored at the expense of the other party. The other party will in that case owe all additional expenses, which will in any case include storage fees.
3 Delivery time
An agreed delivery time is not a deadline, unless otherwise expressly agreed. In case of late delivery the buyer has to hold us liable for this in writing.
4 Partial delivery
We have the right to deliver the sold items in parts. This does not apply when a partial delivery has no independent value. In case items are delivered in parts, we have the right to invoice each part separately.
5 Termination of the agreement
5.1 Our receivables will be due immediately in the following cases;
- when it comes to our attention after entering into the agreement that there are circumstances that give us good grounds to fear that the buyer is not able to fulfill his obligations.
- when we have asked the buyer upon entering into the agreement to guarantee fulfillment and this guarantee is either not forthcoming or insufficient.
In stated cases we have the right to suspend further execution of the agreement, or proceed to termination of the agreement, both without prejudice to our right to claim damages.
5.2 In case of bankruptcy, suspension of payment, death, liquidation of the company or the buyer being in receivership, the possibility exists to terminate the agreement by way of a single notice.
6 Ownership restrictions
The items supplied remain our property until the buyer has fulfilled all following obligations arising from all agreements entered into with us;
- The exchange(s) with regard to delivered or deliverable item/items itself,
- The exchange(s) with regard to service provided or to be provided by us under the purchase agreement,
- Possible claims due to non-fulfillment of the buyer of (a) purchase agreement(s).
- The buyer does not have the right to pawn items in their entirety or partially to third parties or to transfer ownership beyond normal professional practice until complete payment has been made.
7 Defaults; complaint periods
7.1 The buyer is to check the purchased items, or have them checked, upon delivery – or as soon as possible thereafter. In this check the other party has to ascertain if the consignment is in accordance with the agreement, namely;
- If the right items have been delivered;
- If the quantity (for example the number or amounts) of the delivered items is in accordance with that which was agreed upon;
- If the delivered items meet the agreed quality requirements or – in case these were not agreed on - the requirements that may be made for normal use and/or business purposes.
7.2 Also when the other party makes a claim on time, his obligation to pay and acceptance of placed orders remains valid. Items may only be returned to us after prior written consent.
8.1 Payment has to be made within the set term of payment. After the set term of payment expires the buyer is deemed to be in default: from the moment the buyer is deemed to be in default he will owe a legal interest of +2% over the payable amount.
8.2 In case of liquidation, bankruptcy or suspension of payment of the buyer the obligations of the buyer will be due immediately.
8.3 Payment has to be made without discount or deduction.
8.4 Payment made by the other party always serves to settle in the first place all outstanding interest and costs, and in the second place the receivable invoices that have been outstanding the longest, even though the other party states that the payment relates to a later invoice.
9 Collection fees
9.1 If the buyer is declared liable or in default in the fulfillment of one or more of his obligations, then all reasonable expenses for the receipt of payment will be charged to the buyer. The buyer will in any case owe 15% of the invoice amount. In case we demonstrate that more expenses were made, which were necessary in all reasonableness, these will also be eligible for reimbursement.
9.2 The buyer will owe all legal expenses made by the seller in all cases, unless these are unreasonably high. This only applies in case the seller and the buyer go to court over an agreement to which these general terms and conditions apply, and the judicial decision that is not open to appeal determines that the buyer is completely or for the most part deemed to be in the wrong.
10 Applicable law
Dutch law applies to any and every agreement between us and the buyer.